Information on the COVID-19 Pandemic
What is COVID-19?
What is Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Learn more here.
How is the infection spread?
- Droplets containing the virus are spread from the mouth of infected individuals. when they cough, sneeze or talk.
- Droplets travel approximately 1 m from the infected person and can enter someone standing close by, or contaminate any nearby surface they come in contact with.
How to respond
- Frequently wash your hands with soap during the day.
- The soap needs to foam and be applied thoroughly for about 30 sec before rinsing with water. Don’t forget thumbs, wrists and between fingers.
- Use hand sanitizers where soap washing is not possible. They should contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Be good Christian citizens, follow social distancing and other rules as set by your local government.
- Do use alternative greetings to handshakes or hugs. Elbow bumps and foot greetings are popular among the youths. If your territory, does not have enforced mask rules, don't forget a warm smile and a compassionate “hello”.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in your flexed elbow or paper tissue that you discard in a closed bin.
- Get closer to God. This is a stressful time for all. But the Lord has promised, he whose mind is stayed on Him, will be in perfect peace.