Caribbean Union hosts Joint Union Publishing Institute 2021
19 Mar 2021 | CARU Communications
The Caribbean Union’s Publishing Department recently hosted its Literature Evangelists Congress and Joint Union Publishing Institute 2021 from Wednesday 10th March to Friday 12 March 2021.
The program was an initiative of the English speaking Unions within the Interamerica Division and included participants from the Caribbean Union, Atlantic Caribbean Union, Jamaica Union, the Belize Union Mission and the Dutch Caribbean Union. Over two hundred persons were in attendance for the virtual three-day congress, held on Zoom. At various times during the program, there were various breakout rooms and participants were able to join one of three available rooms which focused on various topics of interest to Literature evangelists.
Each day began with a devotion taken from Acts 8: 26-39. For the opening day, Dr Elie Henry, President IAD did the devotion with the caption of The Call with a focus on Acts 8:26-29. The devotional for the other days were as follows: Dr Everett Brown President Jamaica Union, Thursday morning - The Witness Acts 8:30- 35, and Dr Peter Kerr President Atlantic Union, Friday morning - The Success, Acts 8: 36-39.
You can view the promotional video for the event here.
The Speakers for the event included:
- Pastor Almir Marroni—Publishing Director, GC
- Pastor Stephen Apola—Associate Director, GC
- Dr Samuel Neves—Communication Director, GC
- Dr. Tomas Torres—Vice President, IAD
- Dr Samuel Telemaque—Adventist Mission and Sabbath School Director IAD
- Dr Balvin Braham— Field Secretary & Assistant to the President for Evangelism, IAD
- Pastor Saul Ortiz—President, IADPA
- Dr Mario Martinelli—President, Safeliz Publishing House
- Elder Sergio Mato—Vice President, Safeliz Publishing House
- Pastor Joseph Mudzingwa—Marketing Director, Editorial, Safeliz Publishing House
- Dr George Pampalona Rogers—Author, Safeliz Publishing House
- Dr Pedro Morales—Writer, Researcher, Speaker, Business Consultant
- Pastor William Smith— Publishing Director, Southern Union, NAD
- Pastor Nelson Simweemba—Publishing Director, SID
- Pastor Neive George—Chaplain, Community Hospital
According to the Caribbean Union's Publishing Director Judith Smith, this was the largest online program by the Publishing Department. Its goal according to Sister Smith was to continue to sensitize Literature Evangelist and PCs that they can still do ministry in a covid-19 environment and are still relevant in the Publishing Ministry even in the current Pandemic. She also stated that other goals included:
- To sensitize the literature evangelists to create consistency
- To use technology as a major contributor to the work of the literature evangelists
- To emphasise the value of reporting.
The Union’s Publishing Director indicated that Pastor Roosevelt Haynes, Publishing Director of the East Caribbean conference was extremely instrumental in the logistical setup of this particular event.
The program outline which includes speakers and topics can be reviewed by downloading the program guide. We give God thanks for this Grand initiative.